Saturday, January 31, 2015

Hot Chocolate and Bikini Bodies

So in my last post I mentioned my sister and I were going to be participating in the Hot Chocolate 5k and as of right now we're still hopeful that will happen. We were late and we missed the start of the race! We were only about 30 minutes late for the beginning of our wave but since so many people run it we thought we'd be ok but they sounded the horn for the last corral as we were walking up. It was really disappointing and in hind sight it turns out we could have caught up with the last group and run anyway.  At the time however, we were worried about missing the hot chocolate so we just got in line and got our finishers' mug. We felt like such imposters! Luckily though, the hot chocolate was delicious so we didn't feel bad for long! :) 

Many of you may have heard of Kayla Itsines who is an Instagram sensation (I don't have Instagram so my friend Dany told me about her) and her "claim to fame" is using diet and exercise to help women achieve Bikini Bodies. Now, I started the Bikini Body Mommy challenge a few months after having my son but I quickly fizzled. Although the exercises were fun and you could do them at home it was just hard to stay motivated on my own. Recently though Dany, her sister-in-law, and I decided to try Kayla's plan together (since then our friend Natell has joined!) so I'm hoping having others do it with me will be the motivation I need to get my butt in shape (and the rest of me too!). 

I'm not a believer in women needing to have this "perfect bikini body", so although the two plans I have used tout that as their end goal I really appreciate Kayla's mind set about what a bikini body really is. In her book she stated that her goal is to promote "a state of mind where you are confident and feel good about YOU". That is so awesome to me. I look forward to the end result and seeing, not only physical progress, but emotional progress as well. 

I'm a few days in to the plan (we started Monday) and so far it's going well. My body is definitely sore and I didn't do as much of the workout on the third day as I was supposed to but I at least did something! I'm also eating well and making a much more concentrated effort than ever before. We had to take pictures on the first day and we do so again in week 4. Maybe by then I'll feel comfortable enough to post them but we'll see. I do want to be honest about where I'm at but showing everyone pictures is terrifying to me. Stay posted for more updates as I go through this process! 

1 comment: