Thursday, December 27, 2012

A History Lesson- Part 2

So now I am graduating from college and oh, yea, I got married. At this point my weight has pretty much hovered near the 160-165 range for the last 5-6 years. The summer after I got married was the highest my weight has ever been. I moved in with my husband's parents, didn't have a job yet, was geographically distant from all my friends and my side of the family, and I got really depressed. I was lonely, sad, and had no drive to do anything. When I stepped on the scale about halfway through our time there and it read 173 pounds, I knew I was in trouble. I did start working out but not enough to combat all the calories and inactivity. It was toward the end of that summer that we moved to Colorado because I took a job there.

When we got to Colorado we started hanging out with my husband's best friend and his family who live there. It was through this family that a new diet was introduced to my husband and I. It's called HCG and I will discuss this in more depth in a later post. Suffice it to say my opinion of it has changed since I did it but at the time I was totally stoked. My husband and I did several rounds and I lost 40 pounds!! I had never felt so awesome in my life. I was the thinnest I had ever been as an adult and I looked awesome. The only problem I had was keeping the weight off. We ended up moving back to Georgia less than a year later and my weight had no problem creeping back up on me.

As of this morning I weigh 156.6 pounds. I have not done a single fad diet since we have moved back. When Dany and Tell told me they were running it felt like fate to me. I was sick of weighing too much but I was also sick of trying to lose weight in unhealthy and unmanageable ways. Now I write as someone who is proud of the progress I have made in other areas of my health. I am eating a normal amount of calories using livestrong.com to track my intake. I can also run 2 miles without feeling like I'm going to pass out and I will be doing my first 5k in less than a month. My weight hasn't changed a whole lot since I started this process but my mind set and attitude about my health has and that's the most awesome thing I have done for myself so far. I feel stronger and more in control of my health than I ever did when I was dieting using methods that don't account for sustainability. I still have a long way to go, and sometimes it does get me down that I don't look like I did after the HCG diet, but then I go for a jog and feel much better about life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment